Proudly presenting Amsterdam’s online morning rave sessions! After a successful first edition, Compagnietheater & Connor Schumacher present a series of rave sessions: Progress is Moving, where you’re invited to start your day by releasing your inner club kid energy! Woke and awake, we’ll dance alone but together from our own living rooms. Wear your funkiest outfit and JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
Everything still moves
Everything is changing
Your heart, your lungs
Your eyes, your mouth, your voice
Your body opens and closes
Our physical togetherness has closed
but a sense of care for the body and space has opened
We still need practice!
Progress is still moving!
Let’s move, find space, find thought, and keep practicing being human.
The state of rave is the place where we can practice these things:
> freedom of movement >> individual expression and >>> unique togetherness are practiced every time we decide to come together and move.
– Connor Schumacher
Connor Schumacher is a dance artist based in Rotterdam. His research into cognitive science, linguistics and metaphors have met their ultimate companion in the queer rave culture. Connor is interested in everything that dance is, was, and will be in the future, because “somewhere in there is a key to revolutionary thought”.
The format of the sessions is built off of Connor’s experience of Morning Rave sessions, by performance artist and organizer Suzanne Stavast, that she began in Rotterdam in 2018. After co-hosting these events with her, he takes this next step into the digital physical with Compagnietheater, while developing his dream of opening a Rave Studio where morning, day or night, we can come together and practice being human. We’re hoping to announce more projects with Connor in the near future, so we’d love to have you with us in these satellite versions!
- Have a water bottle ready: Hydration is everything!
- Please wear something fun & comfortable to dance in. Have a festival/party outfit that NEEDS to dance? This is the moment!
- We advise you to wear headphones or plug your laptop into high-quality speakers. It’s essential to hear the music in high quality.
- No chatting, just dancing! (a.k.a. turn of your mic)
- The sessions will be alcohol free events
- The sessions are hosted in English and approx. 60 minutes long
- The Zoom meetings are open from 7.45 A.M., we start at 8:00 A.M.
- The link to the 8th of May session: https://zoom.us/j/95294787344
- The meeting will be livestreamed to Facebook and Youtube, so you can also follow and dance with us live by watching it there. Check our Youtube or Facebook profiles when the event starts.
- Although it’s advised to follow the whole series, you can also jump in and do one session whenever you like. The dates for the sessions are:
10th of April
8th of May
22nd of May
5th of June
19th of June